BRINK COMMUNICATIONS – PROJECT MANAGER
September 4, 2019
Brink is seeking a full-time Project Manager with excellent communication skills and experience managing complex projects, timelines and budgets to join our team of Project Managers. In this role, you will lead the successful initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring and closure of projects. You’ll monitor progress toward deliverables, and ensure all project milestones are reached in a timely manner and within scope. You will oversee details and troubleshoot issues, proactively keeping the Brink team and clients apprised of changes to budget or timelines and coordinating internal resources and vendors. In short, you’ll be the detail-holder who guides the team through the process of developing and implementing high-quality campaigns to meet clients’ goals and create positive change in the world.
At Brink, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and representative workplace that benefits our team members, clients and our communities. Brink is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Brink is a woman-owned communications firm committed to supporting community-led movements and creating change for good. We are proud to be a B Corp and we work with mission-driven clients throughout the West Coast and across the country in three focus areas: Social/Racial Justice, Urban Innovation and Healthy Communities. We believe every movement needs a great message.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the Project Manager is responsible for the following:
- Leading project planning, sequencing and time estimating.
- Developing budgets and defining scopes with Account Managers.
- Developing and advising team on detailed schedules and project status.
- Managing project risks, issues and uncertainty by asking questions, detecting unstated assumptions and providing clear communication.
- Proactively monitoring and reporting budget status and project progress, and ensuring key milestones are met by internal team members, vendors and clients.
- Planning resources, coordinating workflow and delegating work to team members.
- Working with vendors from estimating through project completion.
- Providing quality control on key project deliverables.
- Formulating, executing and communicating policies and best practices for project management and internal procedures.
About You:We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and share Brink’s commitment to social and racial justice.
You should bring:
- A compassionate and clear approach to team and client communications.
- A passion for details, process and organization.
- The ability to remain unflappable while you juggle many competing priorities.
- The ability to thrive in a quick-moving, ever-evolving environment, and curiosity to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
- Adaptable strategies for keeping team members on track and on-schedule, providing both positive leadership and gentle accountability.
- A can-do approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated success in owning and managing complex projects that involve internal team members, vendors and clients.
- Sincere interest in collaboration, creative problem-solving, and continuous learning.
Key Experience Desired:
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a different way, please apply.
· At least three years of professional experience in project management at a creative agency.
· Experience in project planning, sequencing, time estimating, resourcing, monitoring and management.
· Experience with Project Management tools (we use Function Point, Wrike, Drop Box, Basecamp and Slack).
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including a creative approach to solving problems as they arise.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent specialized training in project management.
Compensation:The annual salary range for this full-time position is $60,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Brink offers excellent benefits, including fully covered health, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer match; paid annual transit pass; profit sharing and paid volunteer time.
How to Apply:To be considered for this position, please submit ALL of the following by September 30, 2019:
2. Cover letter that answers the following questions:
o Why are you interested in Brink?
o What is your personal project management style?
o If everything else were taken care of so you didn’t have to worry about money or time, what is the cause you would put all of your energy into? Why?
Applications that do not include the above will not be considered.