Account Manager - Public Relations
BRINK COMMUNICATIONS – ACCOUNT MANAGER, PR
August 29, 2019
Brink is seeking a full-time Account Manager with proven experience in leading projects on behalf of clients from concept to completion. In this role, you’ll be the hub of 3-5 projects at any one time, working to ensure that the right strategy and agency resources are utilized to bring success to our clients’ work. You will also be in charge of the client relationship, helping ensure that our clients’ needs are met and they are able to move hearts and minds to contribute to a more just world.
You’ll also provide public and media relations services as needed, from developing PR plans to pitching media, and assisting Brink’s client teams by bringing an earned media lens to this work.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading client relationships, PR/advertising account management, media outreach, managing project budgets and strong PR/editorial writing skills.
At Brink, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and representative workplace that benefits our team members, clients and our communities. Brink is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Brink is a woman-owned communications firm committed to supporting community-led movements and creating change for good. We are proud to be a B Corp and we work with mission-driven clients throughout the West Coast and across the country in three focus areas: Social/Racial Justice, Urban Innovation and Healthy Communities. We believe every movement needs a great message.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the Account Manager/PR is responsible for the following:
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams on behalf of clients, translating client desires and needs to guide the production of strategic, tactical and creative work;
- Managing agency resources and contractors to ensure budgets and timelines are met in the production of excellent work;
- Writing for PR and/or editorial outlets, including press releases, media pitches, and opinion pieces;
- Creating, writing and presenting strategy, plans and findings (in conjunction with Brink strategists);
- Creating budgets and work scope documents for potential client projects;
- Creating media outreach strategy, media lists and pitching media;
- Overseeing team members working on project teams, building their skills and cultivating internal community.
About You:We’re seeking candidates whoexcel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and share Brink’s commitment to social and racial justice.
You should bring:
- A compassionate, clear approach to team and client communications;
- Ability to operate in a quick-moving, ever-evolving environment, and curiosity to explore and create new processes when they serve team health and quality of work;
- A strategic and self-directed approach to meeting team and client needs and solving problems when they arise;
- Demonstrated success in managing clients and project teams through challenging work and sometimes difficult conversations;
- Sincere interest in collaboration and continuous learning.
Key Experience Desired:
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a different way, please apply.
· At least two years of professional experience in advertising/PR account management;
· Experience creating and executing successful earned media campaigns;
· PR/editorial/journalistic writing experience or other experience writing for external audiences;
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Compensation:The annual salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 — $90,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Brink offers excellent benefits, including fully covered health, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer match; paid annual transit pass; profit sharing and paid volunteer time.
How to Apply:To be considered for this position, please submit ALL of the following by September 24, 2019:
2. A work sample that directly demonstrates your skills in PR-style writing
3. Cover letter that answers the following questions:
o Why are you interested in Brink?
o If everything else were taken care of so you didn’t have to worry about money or time, what is the cause you would put all of your energy into? Why?
Applications that do not include the above will not be considered.