Brink is seeking a full-time Creative Director with proven experience in copywriting, messaging and branding. In this role, you’ll also provide direction and thought leadership to ensure that the campaigns Brink creates with our clients are successful in moving hearts and minds and contributing to a more just world. You’ll also support and lead a diverse team of designers, copywriters and other creative staff and partners.
This role is an opportunity to blend innovation with impact. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in developing creative strategy, brand writing, shepherding creative from concept through execution; and in leading, inspiring and resourcing creative teams.
At Brink, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and representative workplace that benefits our team members, clients and our communities. Brink is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Brink is a woman-owned communications firm committed to supporting community-led movements and creating change for good. We are proud to be a B Corp and we work with mission-driven clients throughout the West Coast and across the country in three focus areas: Social/Racial Justice, Urban Innovation and Healthy Communities. We believe every movement needs a great message.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the Creative Director is responsible for the following:
- Leading and resourcing Brink’s in-house creative team of six designers and in-house and external copywriters, as well as external creative partners. Key success metrics include a cohesive, supported team; high-quality creative deliverables; happy clients; and on-time, on-budget projects.
- Partnering with Brink’s strategy and accounts teams to develop creative solutions that embody each client’s unique voice, values and change goals.
- Developing brand copy and insight-based creative briefs to guide campaigns.
- Writing and editing video scripts, ad copy and other marketing materials.
- Supporting the growth and success of team members by helping staff set and achieve professional goals, providing ongoing mentoring and skill-building and cultivating internal community.
About You: We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and share Brink’s commitment to social and racial justice.
You should bring:
- A compassionate, clear approach to team and client communications.
- Ability to operate in a quick-moving, ever-evolving environment, and curiosity to explore and create new processes when they serve team health and quality of work.
- A balance of ingenuity and practicality.
- Demonstrated success in generating creative insights and delivering audience-centered creative solutions for clients.
- Sincere interest in collaboration, creative problem-solving, and continuous learning.
Key Experience Desired:
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a different way, please apply.
- At least seven years of professional experience in creative direction and copywriting at a creative agency.
- Experience leading art directors, designers and copywriters and contract creatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Compensation: The annual salary range for this full-time position is $95,000—$120,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Brink offers excellent benefits, including fully covered health, dental, vision and short-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer match; paid annual transit pass; profit sharing and paid volunteer time.
How to Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit ALL of the following by September 3rd, 2019:
2. A portfolio or work sample that directly demonstrates your skills in creative copywriting and/or creative concepting
3. Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in Brink?
- If everything else were taken care of so you didn’t have to worry about money or time, what is the cause you would put all of your energy into? Why?
- What is your personal headline?
Applications that do not include the above will not be considered.